The top 10 aviation photos of 2010, starring snow December 21, 2010Posted by Arun Rajagopal in Airlines, Aviation.
Tags: Airbus, Airlines, Boeing, Europe, Snow, Winter
There’s something magical about snow and winter that gives a unique character to airplanes and aviation. The white bleary landscapes make us have a closer look at these elegant flying machines and remind us of their resilience when it comes to dealing with the rough elements of nature. We also think of the invisible people who work round the clock to keep them flying. So without much ado, here’s my favorite pick of aviation snaps of airplanes from around the world posing in front of snow, all clicked in December 2010.
1. easyJet A319 flying in front of a snow-laden cliff in Innsbruck, Austria.
Pic Credit: Emanuel Linert
2. A Southern Air Boing 747-400 Freighter takes off from Amsterdam, Schiphol, Netherlands leaving a plume of snow behind.
Pic Credit: Maarten-sr
3. An Air Mauritius Airbus A340-300 lands at Paris Charles De Gaulle Airport.
Pic Credit: Pascal Maillot
4. A Lufthansa Airbus A321-231 gets deiced at Munich Franz Josef Strauss International Airport.
Pic credit: Manuel Recht
5. A Singapore Airlines Airbus A380-841 at Zurich Kloten Airport proves to the world that it is the world’s largest snowblower.
Pic Credit: Sandro Mederle
6. A majestic China Airlines Cargo Boeing 747-409F wishes Merry Christmas to everyone at Prague Ruzyne Airport.
Pic Credit: Peter Volek
7. An Egypt Air Cargo Airbus A300B4 is reverse snow plowing at Bruges Ostend Airport in Belgium.
Pic Credit: Luc Van Belleghem
Pic Credit: Fred Seggie
9. A LinxAir Embraer Legacy series corporate jet looks a bit flummoxed in the snow at Samedan, Switzerland.
Pic Credit: Danijel Jovanovic
10. Snow covered cockpit of the famous Jumbo Hostel made out of a Boeing 747-212B at Stockholm, Sweden.
Pic Credit: Stefan Sjogren