Tags: Airfares, Eid, Holidays, Muscat, Travel Deals
add a comment
The Eid holidays are upon us and there is very much a chance that those in Oman will get a week off from Thursday, 9th of September 2010 to Wednesday, 15th of September 2010(?).
If that happens, happy long week holidays to all you.
And just in case, if you are planning to fly out of town, here’s a quick look at airfares in Muscat.
Understandably, most of you must have already booked your tickets, especially to India. If not, you can use this guide to snap up the last remaining deals.
From my research, Bangkok looks like the cheapest value long-haul destination to fly to. And towards India, Air India Express continues its reign as the best great value airline to fly to that part of the world. Flying out on Thursday, Wednesday, 15th of September 2010 will prove to be more expensive that any other day, as most people would want to start their holiday at the break of the weekend. If you can fly out on Friday, 10th of September or Saturday, 11th of September, you can save a couple of Rials. Lastly, flying on a low-cost airline such as Flydubai, Air India Express or Air Arabia can get you a better value than a full-service airline. And it goes without saying that the fares will rise as we get closer to Eid.
These airfares apply on a single adult, return journey from Muscat and are inclusive of all taxes and surcharges. They are valid as of 26 August 2010, 1pm – Oman time.
Journey dates: outbound – Thursday, 9th of September 2010 and inbound – Wednesday, 15th of September 2010, unless mentioned next to the itinerary. All journeys are non-stop, unless indicated.
Let’s roll with the fares.
1. Cochin: MCT-COK-MCT: 194 Rials on Jet Airways.
2. Mumbai: MCT-MUM-MCT: 131 Rials on Air India.
3. Trivandrum: MCT-TRV-MCT: 196 Rials on Jet Airways. 176 Rials on Air India Express if outbound: Friday, 10th of September 2010 and inbound: Thursday, 16th of September 2010.
4. Calicut/Kozhikode: MCT-CCJ-MCT: 142 Rials on Air India Express.
5. Delhi: MCT-DEL-MCT: 140 Rials on Air India Express. 134 Rials on Gulf Air with layover and change of aircraft at Bahrain.
6. Mangalore: MCY-IXE-MCT: 184.5 Rials on Air India Express, if outbound: Friday, 10th of September 2010 and inbound: Thursday, 16th of September 2010.
7. Dubai: MCT-DXB-MCT: 38 Rials on Flydubai.
8. Bangkok: MCT-BKK-MCT: 153 Rials on Qatar Airways with a layover in Doha & change of aircraft in Doha.
9. Kuala Lumpur: MCT-KUL-MCT: 241 Rials on Qatar Airways with a layover & change of aircraft in Doha.
10. London Heathrow: MCT-LHR-MCT: 259 Rials on British Airways with stopover at Abu Dhabi, no aircraft change.
11. Amman: MCT-AMM-MCT: 209.860 Rials on Flydubai with layover and change of aircraft at Dubai.
12. Cairo: MCT-CAI-MCT: 232 Rials on Emirates with layover and change of aircraft at Dubai.
13. Frankfurt: MCT-FRA-MCT: 225 Rials on Gulf Air with layover and change of aircraft at Bahrain.
14. Colombo: MCT-CMB-MCT: 192 Rials on Emirates with layover and change of aircraft at Dubai.
15. Kathmandu: MCT-KTM-MCT: 123.700 Rials on Oman Air, if outbound: Thursday, 9th of September 2010 and inbound: Thursday, 16th of September 2010.
To get these offers, visit the respective airline website, check with your travel agent or head to Expedia. Please note that air fares of Oman Air, Air India Express & Flydubai are not listed on Expedia.